Monday, August 23, 2010

I gotta get into the Gap

I think I’ve found my perfect, dream job.
Only it’s not so much a job as it is a hobby.
But it’s not really a hobby as it is …
Me buying things and then letting others know what I think of it.
See --- a perfect job for me! My love of shopping, writing and telling my opinion all wrapped up into one perfect career.
The Gap and Old Navy – my two Mecca’s for clothing – want to know what I think about their products I order online. Not only do they request to know how I feel about my recent purchases, they asked me to create a user name and log in password to further authenticate my opinion pieces.
Yeah, I’m pretty special.
Very few things are more fun than rating, categorizing and providing feedback on an article of clothing. For about three minutes I feel like a clothing editor in “Lucky,” “In Style,” or even “Vogue.” For those 180 seconds I get to use words like “empire waist,” “embellishments,” “structure” and “accessorize.”
It’s pretty much three minutes of pure bliss.
Look for Gap Lover 99 for all your honest clothing review findings.
Now, if I can only find out how to turn this completely voluntary, money-spending Internet review gig into an actual paying job where I don’t have to first fork over the money to buy said clothing, I’d be in a constant state of bliss.
Gap Inc., I’m available for hire.

No comments: